Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fame & Misfortune

I just want to be famous enough that my autograph is worth more that the check I signed it on to pay the bill.

Example (for the slow people... and let's face it, if you are reading this there is a likelyhood you weren't valdictorian): Let's say my autograph is worth $80. I write a check to pay my gas bill for $40. It only makes good business sense for the person who gets my check to pay my $40 bill (for me) and sell the check with my signature on it for $80. They made a 100% profit markup and I "made" $40 on the deal.

I know what you are thinking, "but if you sell your own autograph for $80, then you can pay the $40 gas bill with money left over." Yes, this is true but I still would have only made $40 (based on the sample amounts given... If my autograph would be worth $100 it would only make sense to do it that way & if it were worth less than $80 I would "make" less money selling it myslef) and isn't near as interesting or as ego boosting as the what I presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment