Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Fort Is Done!

The boys & I accomplished building the fort. Well, my 7 year old, Damien, packed about six or so bricks and then decided to start stockpiling snowballs while my 3 year old, Jett, ran around in the snow and kept trying to "brush the fort" with a metal dog brush. I didn't realize, when I had children, that I would need to take some architecture & design classes so someday I had the knowledge to accomplish building a snow fort that did not collapse on itself repeatedly. After the second wall implosion I tried a tactic on the construction and that seemed to work.

The one time I stood still and took a moment to catch my breath, Damien asked me why I was stopping. This is coming from the same kid who spent more time inside "warming up" than he did out. He did, however, continue stockpiling a stash of snowballs to pelt his mother with for about twenty minutes after Jett & I had returned to the warm safety of the home interior for hot chocolate. Hot chocolate & sandwiches done, I am now posting pictures of our winter masterpiece for the world to gaze upon with envy.


The Santa wind sock makes for a useful distraction for an unknowing target


High defensive walls with an offensive throwing window will surely put the enemy at bay


With the north border protected by the lawn furniture, I built a short curved southern defense shield


Damien building his arsenal of snow grenades


Note the reinforced interior base


Jett's major contribution to the construction

Now to just wait for Mommie (That is how she likes to spell it. She also doesn't capitalize proper nouns... good luck getting into a good school boys.) to get home and pummel her relentlessly!

No comments:

Post a Comment